New Parking and Transportation Center
In January of 2017, BNA broke ground on a new six-story parking garage just south of the existing Short Term Garage. The new garage will provide 2,000 additional spaces.
- 6 levels
- 2,000 spaces
- First floor to be a Ground Transportation Center for commercial vehicles
- Parking Space Guidance System
- Capacity for 20,000 gallons of rain water harvesting for landscape irrigation
- Green-screen vegetation wall
- 50-kilowatt solar array on top level
- Design by Akins and construction by JE Dunn Construction
- Parking & Transportation Center to open Summer 2018
When will it be finished?
We estimate this to be completed by Summer 2018.
How will travelers be impacted?
Starting Tuesday, March 21, there will be a traffic light in operation on Terminal Drive at Nashville International Airport (BNA) to help relieve traffic associated with the construction of the new Parking.
Construction of the Parking and Transportation Center will require blasting beginning Tuesday, April 25, at 10 a.m. and again at 1 p.m., if needed. This single, large blast will take place at the Parking and Transportation Center construction site, located directly south of the current Short Term Garage, and will continue Monday – Friday at 10 a.m. (and 1 p.m., as necessary) for the next four weeks.
Beginning Tuesday, May 9, at 9 a.m., noon and 3 p.m., construction of the Parking and Transportation Center will require an increase in blasting to three times per day.