Oct. 20, 2016
Nashville International Airport Posts Strong 1St Quarter For FY 2017
NASHVILLE – The Metropolitan Nashville Airport Authority (MNAA) today announced the results and highlights of the first quarter of its 2017 fiscal year, which spanned from July through September 2016, and was characterized by continued strong growth in passenger traffic.
By the numbers:
- More than 3.4 million passengers in the three-month period marking the first quarter, a robust 10.3 percent increase in passenger traffic over the same quarter in Fiscal Year 2016
- July, August and September each marked the busiest corresponding month on record
- September 2016 marked the seventh consecutive month with more than one million passengers and saw a remarkable 14 percent increase in passenger traffic compared to the same month last year
- 72 of the past 74 months with year-over-year growth
“Passenger traffic at BNA continues to increase at an unprecedented rate,” said Rob Wigington, president and CEO of MNAA. “The airport, like the city and region we serve, is booming. To meet this ongoing growth, we are preparing for our future so that we have the facilities and services in place to continue to deliver a world-class customer service experience for those visiting and for those who call Music City home.”
BNA served more than 12.2 million passengers in FY 2016 (July 1, 2015 to June 30, 2016), growing by more than 9.8 percent year-over-year and setting a new all-time passenger record for the third consecutive fiscal year. This was the first time in BNA history to break 12 million passengers, and BNA is on track to break yet another passenger record for Calendar Year 2016.
In July 2016, MNAA announced BNA Vision, the Airport Authority’s dynamic growth and expansion plan for Nashville International Airport. To learn more about BNA Vision and to watch a video overview of the plans, visit https://www.flynashville.com/about/Pages/BNAVision.aspx.
Also in the first quarter, MNAA announced the following new air service:
- Delta Air Lines expands to offer nonstop service to Boston beginning Nov. 6, 2016 and
- Frontier Airlines to offer nonstop service to Phoenix, Ariz., beginning Dec. 6, 2016.
BNA is currently served by 12 airlines and offers 440 daily flights. Nashville International Airport provides nonstop air service to more than 50 destinations.
Having served 16 million passengers in 2018, Nashville International Airport (BNA) is one of the fastest growing airports in North America. BNA serves 540 daily flights to more than 70 nonstop destinations. With a $7.1 billion total economic impact, BNA is the 33rd busiest airport in the U.S. BNA receives no local tax dollars. For more information, visit flynashville.com. Follow us on Facebook: @NashvilleInternationalAirport, Twitter: @Fly_Nashville and Instagram: @FlyNashville.