Jan. 6, 2022
Jan. 12-26: Blasting Scheduled Near BNA’s Donelson Pike Entrance
Blasting activity is planned near the airport’s Donelson Pike entrance/exit on several days during a two-week period beginning January 12. This work will accommodate the installation of a sanitary sewer.
How will this affect travelers and the public?
- Weather permitting, blasting will occur on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at approximately 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. The first blast is scheduled for Wednesday, Jan. 12. This activity is expected to conclude on Wednesday, Jan. 26 (subject to change).
- The sound of blasting will be audible near the airport and potentially within the surrounding area.
- Vibrations from blasting may or may not be felt at the terminal, parking garages, parking lots, and Consolidated Rental Car Facility.
- Traffic will be stopped for a brief time near the blasting site for safety purposes while each blast is conducted. Duration: Approximately 5-10 minutes.
- Traffic will be stopped in the following locations:
- Donelson Pike (Northbound and Southbound lanes) near the airport’s entrance/exit;
- Donelson Pike entrance and exit ramps leading into/away from BNA;
- Exit points for Terminal Garage 1, Terminal Lot A, Economy Lot B and Consolidated Rental Car Facility.
- Economy Lot B parking shuttle service will pause briefly until blasting has concluded.
NOTE: If you’re flying on affected days, allow ample time to arrive due to traffic stops. Alternatively, use the airport’s I-40E entrance (exit 216A), which will not be affected by blasting.
About Nashville International Airport®
As infrastructure critical to the region’s growth and prosperity, BNA is a vital asset for Middle Tennessee and serves as a gateway to Music City and beyond. According to a recent State of Tennessee study, in 2019 alone, BNA generated more than $9.9 billion total economic impact. BNA supported more than 76,000 jobs in the region and produced more than $443 million in state, local and federal taxes. BNA receives no local tax dollars.
NASHVILLE INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT®, ®, COMMANDER BERRY FIELD®, JOHN C. TUNE AIRPORT®, and JWN®, among others, are the registered trademarks and trademarks of The Metropolitan Nashville Airport Authority (“MNAA”). Use of these trademarks without permission from MNAA is strictly prohibited.