Weeknights and Select Saturday Nights (Ongoing):
Changes for Passenger Pick-Ups and Drop-Offs (9 p.m. to 4 a.m.)
Travelers will want to be aware of nighttime lane closures affecting passenger pick-ups and drop-offs at the terminal through Fall 2022. Please plan to arrive early to make your flight on time.
- Terminal: Pick-ups AND drop-offs at the terminal will be on the Arrivals level (the Baggage Claim level). This includes pick-ups and drop-offs by family or friends (private vehicles) and drop-offs by commercial vehicles (Uber, Lyft, taxis, shuttles, limousines and livery cars).
This is a change for drop-offs, which are normally made on the top level of the terminal (Departures/Ticketing level).
- Ground Transportation Center: Pick-ups by commercial vehicles (Uber, Lyft, taxis, shuttles, limousines, livery) will still be at the Ground Transportation Center at Terminal Garage 2, as normal.
These changes are only temporary and are for your safety as construction continues on the new canopy and pedestrian bridge, directly over traffic lanes at the terminal. The changes will be in effect nights only (Monday through Friday, 9 p.m. to 4 a.m.). Outside of these hours, pick-ups and drop-offs will be made in their normal locations.
See Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) below for more information.
One BNA. Two Terminals.
BNA is currently operating as two terminals. The center section of the Departures level has closed for expansion and will remain that way until 2023.
TIP: To avoid delays, passengers will need to use the correct security checkpoint (North or South) to get to their gates. It’s important to match your airline with the correct terminal so you’ll be sure to go to the right place and get to your gate on time. Watch for signs to help you find the correct terminal based on your airline.
What We’re Doing and Why
We’re in the middle of a major terminal expansion, which means we need to make some temporary changes for the safety of our passengers. Upon completion, we’ll have a bigger, better BNA with:
- A pedestrian bridge connecting the Terminal Garage to the terminal building
- Expanded central security screening checkpoint (24 screening lanes)
- A state-of-the-art International Arrivals Facility (6 gates)
- New marketplace just past the security checkpoint with a variety of dining, retail and service amenities
- A new look, complete with a higher roof and windows for compelling airfield views
Thank you for your patience as we make improvements to your airport. It’s going to be world-class! Mark your calendar for 2023.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are these changes permanent or temporary?
These developments are temporary and are necessary to build something bigger, better and permanent.
- Changes in pick-up and drop-off locations at night will continue until fall 2021.
- BNA will operate as two terminals until late 2023, when construction is scheduled to be completed on the major elements of the terminal expansion and renovation.
Will any of this construction work affect my arrival time? Do I need to arrive earlier than normal?
Please plan to arrive early (at least two hours prior to departure time) on weeknights between 9 p.m. and 4 a.m. to ensure you make your flight on time. There may be congestion at peak times.
How will I know which terminal to go to when I arrive?
Watch for signs on airport roadways, terminal entrances, and inside the terminal. They’ll help you match your airline to the correct terminal and security checkpoint (North or South).
Do the concourses still connect on the secure side of the airport?
No. While construction continues in the center of the Departures level, there is no passage between the North Terminal (A & B Gates) and the South Terminal (C & D Gates). That’s why it’s important to go to the correct security checkpoint when you arrive based on your airline. Each airline uses one of these two terminals.
What if my connecting flight is in another terminal?
The vast majority of arriving and connecting flights will be in the same terminal. Passengers whose connecting flights are not in the same terminal as their arriving flights will need to exit the terminal and go through the security checkpoint at the other terminal.
Will the Baggage Claim be affected by the terminal split?
The Baggage Claim will not be split during construction, so you will be able to pass from one side to the other as needed. Barrier walls have been built in some places as construction continues.
If my connecting flight is in a different terminal from my arriving flight, will my luggage carry over to my connecting flight?
Baggage should carry over to your connecting flight. You should not have to go to the Baggage Claim to retrieve your baggage to take with you. However, we recommend checking with your airline upon arrival, just in case.
How can I get assistance if I have a question?
We have two Information Center kiosks on the Departures and Arrivals levels: one on the North side, and one on the South side of both levels. You may also call 615-275-2098 for assistance.
Why do you have to close the center lobby completely?
For the safety of our passengers, and to speed up the construction timeline. By phasing the construction process in this way, we anticipate saving almost a year of construction time!
Will the terminal connect again at the end of construction?
Yes. All concourses will connect on the secure side of the airport in 2023, once construction is complete.