Sep. 28, 2020
A Big Change is Coming Oct. 6
As progress continues on our BNA Vision expansion and renovation plan, there’s a change you’ll need to know about.
Beginning Oct. 6, 2020, the central escalators, elevator and stairs, and the current Level 1 entrance will close due to construction. But don’t worry!
- New escalators will open on the North and South sides of Levels 1, 2 and 3 to help you move between levels.
- New entrances are also opening on Level 1 this week, and the ground-floor escalators and elevators are right inside.
- Signs will direct you to the new entrances.
- Have a heavy bag? When you enter on Level 1, elevators are located just past the escalators for an easy ride to the Departures level.
- We’re undergoing a major terminal renovation, complete with a higher roof and a distinctive new roof canopy.
- To do this, we have to build a 198-foot tower crane where the central elevator and stairs are today. That means demolishing the central escalators, elevator and stairs.
- This closure is necessary for the safety of our passengers, guests and employees.
Thank you for your patience as we build a bigger, better BNA. It’s going to be world-class!
Click here to watch a video simulation of canopy construction.
About Nashville International Airport®
Until the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, BNA was one of the fastest growing airports in North America with nearly 18.3 million passengers in 2019. According to a recent study, in 2019 alone, BNA® generated more than $8.1 billion in total economic impact, supported more than 76,000 jobs in the region and produced more than $443 million in state, local and federal taxes. BNA receives no local tax dollars. For more information, visit flynashville.com. Follow us on Facebook: @NashvilleInternationalAirport, Twitter: @Fly_Nashville and Instagram: @FlyNashville. Learn more about BNA® Vision, our growth and expansion plan for the airport, at BNAVision.com.
NASHVILLE INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT®, ®, COMMANDER BERRY FIELD®, JOHN C. TUNE AIRPORT®, and JWN®, among others, are the registered trademarks and trademarks of The Metropolitan Nashville Airport Authority (“MNAA”). Use of these trademarks without permission from MNAA is strictly prohibited.